Monday, February 1, 2010

"We Are The World"

"We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me"

I saw a segment this evening on World News Tonight about the song "We are the World". I can't even believe that song was first recorded 25 years ago. Money was raised for USA for Africa Foundation, which was then used for the relief of famine and disease in Africa and specifically to 1984–1985 famine in Ethiopia. Well, there are artists tonight gathering to rerecord "We are the World" to raise money for Haiti.

My memory of the song.....I was in Mrs. Troyer's second grade class at West Goshen and our class was standing in the front of the room, holding hands, singing this song. Wow, 25 years ago!

So, you can bet that when the new song comes out on the radio I will hold hands with Adria and sing this song (and I won't even be surprised if I shed a few tears). :)

1 comment:

steve n em said...

Oh, sweet Jujubee, we KNOW you will shed some tears! ;) Love you!!