Saturday, February 20, 2010

Story Time

One day last week during lunch Adria was telling me stories. By about the third one I decided to write down what she said. The story below is what she told me word for word.

"One day there was two kitties and they played. Kitty cat said, "My toy", other kitty cat said, "No, that's my toy", other kitty cat said, "No, that's my toy." Kitty cat so very sad and didn't want to play with him. Mama Kitty said, "Take turns-share (she signed share)". And kitty said, "I do that", and kitty cat went back to other kitty and shared with the toys. Kitty cat was so very happy. Kitty cat said, "Mommy, I shared the toys", and mommy said, "That's so very nice. "

What a little storyteller. She had a beginning, middle, and end to her story. That makes a former third grade teacher smile, as I know that's not easy even for third graders to do. :)

1 comment:

carrie said...

Too cute. The story even has a conflict. You could definitely make a story map out of it :-) I look forward to hearing/reading more of her stories!!