Saturday, January 23, 2010

DONKEY EGGS

What would you think if you saw a sign that read.....

DONKEY
EGGS

We were driving home from a hike today and there was a little farm with that sign. I had a bit of an airhead moment. I said out loud (if you can believe it)..."I will try a lot of different types of foods but donkey eggs just sound gross to me (picturing like eggs from a chicken but from a donkey)." Marc then commented a few seconds later, "Wait, donkeys don't/can't lay eggs." Then I just busted out laughing because I realized what I thought and had actually said and I couldn't believe it. Then Marc said, "Yeah, they are mammals." Adria saw how I was laughing about it and really enjoyed it, then a little while later said, "horse eggs" and I filled her in that horses can't lay eggs either. :) So, I emailed this gem of a story to one of my friends and she said they had seen that sign previously and thought maybe it was like Rocky Mountain Oysters but with donkeys instead. :) So, my question to you is what do you think the sign meant/means. I think maybe they sell donkey meat (scary to me) and eggs. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

steve n em said...

I think you should go back and buy something...and then surprise Marc and have it for supper! :)

Jill said...

its like
asparagus
lettuce
apples

totally unrelated
maybe they slould have it be
eggs
donkey