What a beautiful day it was here today. The sun was shining all day, the sky was a brilliant blue, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. The three of us headed to an open space that just opened up this year to the public. It was quite different than hiking in the mountains. Marc said it reminded him of hiking in Arizona. We had a great outing together and a surprise ending.

Starting off the hike.

Shortly after we started Adria wanted in the pack.

Look at that sky!

Checking out the vegetation, prints on the ground, and cactus.


Wait, is that mama carrying Adria in the pack? Why yes it is. Go mama!

Really neat rock structures on the way back.

Yes, you are looking at a green prairie rattlesnake. This was our surprise ending. Adria and I were in the bathroom and as we exited I heard rattling. I looked over a few feet to our left and saw this rattlesnake partly coiled, rattling, and as Adria would say "hissing". Back into the bathroom we went and it took quite a few minutes before Marc convinced me we should quickly exit. He didn't want the snake to move in front of the bathroom door because then we really wouldn't be able to leave. As we exited for a second time I looked over and saw my husband standing what I said was too close taking pictures. We talked to another gal who was standing in the parking lot and she said there was another rattlesnake at the other end. Needless to say I passed on seeing the second snake. Before Adria was born we had never seen a rattlesnake while hiking, this is the third one we've seen while hiking with her. I asked her if she was a rattlesnake whisperer and she said "yes". :)
2 comments:
And I was thinking you were going to say you saw a big silver ufo-like balloon flying overhead! ;-)
wow...thanks for the suspense . . . we enjoyed the surprise at the end. you should be a mystery writer!! adria is the snake whisperer and anusha is on the monkey
Post a Comment